The Suunto TANDEM is all you need for both slope/height measurements and compass bearings. It is a liquid-filled precision compass and clinometer in one compact aluminum housing that is easy to use and rugged enough to protect against impact, corrosion and water. This top-quality precision instrument combines precision accuracy with fast and easy one-hand operation. The pocket size construction renders the Suunto Tandem most suitable for every type of work. Its unique shape makes it comfortable to hold in your hand. The optics of the Tandem can be adjusted to make the reading easier. The two edges at 90 degrees angle make the contact measurements possible, for example, when measuring the tilt of a satellite dish.
The Suunto Tandem has two precision instruments in one. Suunto Tandem is an excellent tool for surveyors, engineers, cartographers, geologists, miners, architects, satellite dish installers, and for anyone who needs to be able to measure directional indications, height, vertical angles and slopes – with speed and accuracy. The Suunto Tandem is all you need for both slope/height measurements and compass bearings. You can change the Tandem from compass to clinometer with the click of your wrist. The Tandem is a liquid-filled precision compass and clinometer in one compact aluminum housing.
SATELLITE INSTALLERS NOTE: It has an elevation and azimuth sight glass you can use when trying to determine if the dish direction will clear trees, buildings, etc.
- Optical Sighting Instrument for extreme accuracy
- Fast and Easy one-handed operation
- Jeweled bearing assembly: supports scale cards, assures long-lasting, accurate operation
- Damping liquid: surrounds scale cards, assures smooth, accurate and quick readings
- Parallax free lens: magnifies scale card graduations
- Compass scale is azimuth (0-360 degrees), graduated in 0.5 degree
- Reverse scale visible through the compass optics
- Compass is individually calibrated for an accuracy of ±0.25 degree
- Clinometer scale is in percent and degree (0-90 degrees, 0-150%), graduated in 0.5 degree/1% increments
- Clinometer is individually calibrated for an accuracy of ±0.25 degree
- Optical diopters for both compass and clinometer
- Two edges at 90 degrees for contact measurements
- Solid aluminum housing, resists rust and protects against impact
- Body has camera tripod threads
- Neck lanyard and nylon case with belt loop
- 2 year warranty