The MPC16 is Pico Macom’s 2RU (31/2˝ high) State-of-the-Art rack-mountable chassis with fan cooled back-mounted power supply capable of housing up to 16 mini-modulator, demodulator and other headend electronic modules. The chassis is precision engineered to provide smooth insertion and removal of modules within the provided slide guides. All wiring is securely confined within the chassis enclosure, protecting power, baseband, and RF cabling from accidental disconnection.
The MPC16 provides convenient interface connectors on the back panel for uniform connection and dressing of cables. The unit employs a Universal wire-harness configuration that can accommodate mini modules from Pico Macom, including agile modulators and demodulators, and those from many other manufacturers in a mix and match fashion. Installation is easy. Just slide the modulator or demodulator into the racking system and plug in the supplied power supply cable and connector.
The high quality components used in the MPC16 ensure years of reliable operation. Custom assembled and fully tested multi-channel systems are also available from Pico Macom to meet your requirements. This chassis can be configured with a combination of up to 16 Pico Macom’s MPC-series high-grade modulators and demodulators, and TSV series 1GHz professional grade combining splitters. FCC Docket 21006 offsets are standard. Pico Macom backs up this product with its industry leading 5-year limited warranty.
- State-of-the-Art design maximizes rack space capacity to 16 individual modules
- Far removed back-mounted power supply effectively minimizes heat build-up, thereby maximizing product life
- Universal and fully compatible with Pico Macom SAW filtered plug-in modulators, demodulators, and power supply modules, and those of most other
- Channel modules are plugged individually for ease of installation
- Precision engineered chassis enables smooth insertion or removal of modules along slide guides
- Power supply output power indicator provides quick system monitoring
- Back-plane interface connectors allow easy wiring to 16 Audio-Video inputs and a single output
- Dedicated home-run individual power connections facilitate removal of modules without disabling the system
- Current overload protection and shutdown prevents damage to system and ensures prolonged power supply life
- High efficiency fan and fully regulated supply increases reliability and system performance over a wide range of environmental conditions
- Specifications Sheet