Pico Macom’s MPC12R is a 2RU (31/2˝ high) State-of-the-Art 19˝ rack-mountable chassis equipped with fan-cooled HOT-SWAPPABLE REDUNDANT power supply modules. The power supply system (4-module wide) consists of a pair of ultra compact 78-Watt multiple output modules specifically designed for
mini-mod applications that require ultra-reliable DC input supply. The supplies combine advanced forward converter topology and extensive surface mount technology to achieve excellent power density. Sophisticated packaging and filtering techniques minimize overall system filtering. Current sharing and
redundant supply design, equally shares loads between the supplies and minimize the potential for power bus glitches after a power supply has failed, thereby improving the longevity of the power supply.
Capable of housing up to 12 mini modules, the MPC12R chassis is precision engineered to provide smooth insertion and removal of modules within the provided slide guides. The unit employs a universal wire-harness configuration that can accommodate mini modules from Pico Macom, including agile modulators
and demodulators, and those from many other manufacturers in a mix and match fashion. Installation is easy. Just slide the modulator or demodulator into the racking system and plug in the supplied power supply cable and connector. Precise and automated manufacturing and value engineering ensure unmatched quality, timely delivery and very competitive cost. Custom assembled and fully tested multi-channel systems are also available from Pico Macom with the combination of fixed channel and/or agile mini-modulators and demodulators to meet your requirements. Pico Macom backs up this product with its industry leading 5-year limited warranty.
- State-of-the-Art full module N+1 redundancy ensures dual supply operation enabling hot insertion or removal of either power supply module without system disruption and guaranteeing zero down time
- Current sharing, redundant design, and cooling fan provides much less current load per supply ensuring cooler operation thereby substantially improving their long-term reliability
- High efficiency supplies (over 75%) minimize power consumption and heat dissipation
- High isolation O Ring blocking diodes provide unit-to-unit short circuit protection and isolation from hot-swap interaction by preventing power bus disturbance
- Internal fusing circuitry provides current overload protection and precise voltage regulation thereby preventing component damage
- Universal and fully compatible with Pico Macom SAW filtered plug-in modulators, demodulators, and power supply modules, and those of most other manufacturers
- Precision engineered chassis enables smooth insertion or removal of modules along slide guides
- Dedicated home-run individual power connections facilitate removal of modules without disabling the system
- Front panel display provides quick and easy system monitoring and troubleshooting reference
- Specifications Sheet