This DIRECTV®-approved 5x8 multi-switch is specially designed to optimally interface with all DIRECTV® dish antenna systems and all brands of DIRECTV® IRDs.
This 5x8 multi-switch contains circuitry to drive all DIRECTV® dish antenna systems as shown; Standard 5x8 multi-switches are not designed for this type of application and may only be used to drive LNBs directly.
This 5x8 multi-switch is sealed so it can be used either indoors or outdoors. As a good practice with any powered devices, allow ventilation of the 5x8 multi-switch and the AC/DC module by not covering them with anything that may prevent/reduce ventilation. When used outdoors, we recommend not placing the 5x8 multi-switch or the AC/DC module directly on a hot roof.
In a typical new ODU installation with a 5x8 multi-switch installation to an existing ODU system already in place, the total RG-6 cable length from each IRD to the dish antenna should be kept to 150 feet max.
The AC/DC module can be located up to 100 feet away from the 5x8 multi-switch and connects via RG-6/U cable with "F" Connectors.
In order to hook up a terrestrial VHF/UHF TV antenna or CATV to this multi-switch you will need one
diplexer for each line that you wish to have this capability (8 diplexers to hook up all 8 outputs). You will also need to split and possibly amplify the signal depending on how many lines you want to hook up. We recommend contacting us to make sure you have the right equipment to accomplish this.
• Can be used for residential and commercial, MDU, or Home Theater applications.
• Combines terrestrial UHF/VHF signal with multiple satellite I.F. for distribution on one cable.
• DC powering for switching and LNB ‘ s polarity lock.
• Corrosive Resistant Anodized Aluminum housing.
• Only works with PHASE II dishes, WILL NOT work with Phase III dishes.
• Built with Surface Mount Technology; this allows for excellent Thru Loss, Return Loss, Isolation & Group Delay.
• Powered by the 35-TRDC 117VAC 60 Hz/24VDC 600mA Center Positive power supply. (Included)
• 22KHz Tone Generator (40-2150MHz)
• Solid Cast F-Ports
• Coax Powered Inputs Built for Outdoor Use
• HDTV compatible
Not compatible with DISH Network receivers.
DIRECTV® is a registered trademark of DIRECTV, Inc., a unit of Hughes Electronics Corp.